Kappa Alpha Theta’s Iota Chapter was founded at Cornell in 1881 and was the first female fraternity on campus. Because of distance, the charter was mailed to Ithaca, and the new members initiated themselves. A policy disagreement in 1965 led the Iota chapter to leave Cornell’s campus, however in 1980 the Iota chapter returned to campus and moved into their current house, 519 Stewart Avenue. In 1980, Iota returned to Cornell as the national office realized the demand for a chapter at Cornell. One of Iota’s most famous alumnae is Anna Botsford Comstock, for which Comstock Hall is named after. Theta is one of two sororities located on West Campus and our current house was built in 1900.
For more information about our Fraternity, please visit the Kappa Alpha Theta website.